Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Sunday 15 November 2015

Something a bit bigger. Lord Lovat

As my paining mojo has been in hiding for a while , and I really did not fancy tackling a horde of 28mm figures I have been looking for something interesting to have a go at. While I was on a supplier website I came across a 100mm bust of Lord Lovat the commander of the 1st Special Service Brigade on D Day , and thought that might be fun and challenging.

I have spent a few hours today cleaning and assembling - still a bit to do with a rifle to add , but I will do that after most has been panted .


Yes that is a 28mm figure for comparison.


I have no idea how long this will take , but I am looking forward to it.

The casting is a limited edition run made by RP Models.

9 comments:

  1. Very interesting indeed. I occasionally think about stepping up in scale but then hold off, mainly because of space/storage issues. I see no point in painting something like this without being able to display it afterwards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I am going to need another displY cabinet I think...

      Delete
  2. A formidable looking piece Dave, and I've little doubt it is going to have pride and place within your significant collection once you've finished it. Plenty of WIP shots please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a great looking piece - it will be interesting to see how it comes out. It should be good for working on techniques, although how you'll then adapt them to smaller scales is another question altogether.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slightly different to painting 15 or 28mm! Looks cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always fancy painting something like this, but wouldn't know where to start, that combined with my limited attention span would undoubtedly lead to a host of unfinished models cluttering up the house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will start with the head to give it life and take it from there!

      Delete
  6. Impressive model. I´m sure this is going to be a very interesting experience!

    ReplyDelete