Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Tuesday 3 November 2015

Secret Santa - Hints and tips..

Ian and Cath have come up trumps again this year with an expanded bloggers 'Secret Santa". I really enjoyed the choosing last year , and was also the lucky recipient of great choices last year.

Here are a few 'shiney' things currently peaking my interest.


Bootleggers/Gangsters
I have plenty of cops , so any Bob Murch Pulp Minatures Gangland Justice bad guys . Copplestone castings , street toughs, Tommy gunners.

Sudan
Always interested in baggage camels, civilians , traders etc. Britannia and Castaway Arts doing some interesting stuff

WW2
Got a bit of an interest on Commando's , so some 28mm figures might be nice

Tools
Needle files, cheap no2 size brushes .

But really .. I will be happy with whatever I get.

9 comments:

  1. Just got to wait now and see if you have been a good boy ;-)

    Ian

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've seen coal lumps in 28mm before...
    :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Surely that will be 1/56th... ,

      Delete
    2. I've still got a bag of coal I bought from a Railway shop a few years ago......could come in handy for my victim, me thinks??

      Delete
  3. Ho Ho Ho. Better get on the Nice List!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well you certainly made my Christmas last year Dave... I think ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. A nice, simple, focussed list. Let's hope you get lucky!

    ReplyDelete