Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 30 November 2015

Battleground - Stockton on Tees 28th November

Just a few shots..

The Man With No Name surveys the town. We played a couple of games of our Bounty Hunter scenario - both went to the very wire with the final outcome decided just as the train left town - one the Bounty Hunter won... and the other he recieved a fatal wound on the very last shot! Great fun.

Had a good chat with a number of people - - and topped up on paints for the winter season.











26 comments:

  1. You put on a cracking game, Dave. Next chance I get I'll join in with a game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a great time firing that last shot

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed... And I neither game was it a good day to be a Pinkerton!

      Delete
  3. Always good to see Serenity in all her glory, sounds like a blast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Always is... One day we will get you there

      Delete
  4. Atmospheric and gorgeous, I love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really nice town, full of great details!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That does look splendid, doesn't it. If you were to attend the Falkirk or Edinburgh shows next year, I'd be able to see it up close :-) .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you never know.... When is the Falkirk one?

      Delete
    2. Err, in May sometime, I think. But I wasn't entirely serious, you know. Not that it wouldn't be interesting...

      Delete
  7. Looks like great fun! I'm always impressed by your western terrain. Absolutely smashing work mate.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It was a great looking game and one my son thoroughly enjoyed playing. Thanks for coming to the event!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah, it's lovely to see Serenity again. Now, where is that dashing Mountie? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. That's a beautiful setup you created Dave!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Serenity looks a picture Dave. Great looking table!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. As always utterly brilliant.

    ReplyDelete