Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 28 October 2015

Getting back to it..

The blog has been a little neglected of late - the usual stuff - you know  how it goes , but things are coming back together. Anyway to freshen things up while I dig out the paint desk and fire up the brushes I thought it might be nice to revisIt some creations from a few years back - and these are among my favourites.

The squadron of Mamalukes is now completed. Great fun unit to do, lots of movement and colour






These are 28mm Bicorne Miniatures , each once individually converted and reworked with the soldering iron.

17 comments:

  1. Great painting work, really nice colours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous eye candy and great to have you back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Inspiring work! Everyone loves the Mamelukes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are very pretty, aren't they! Maybe it's just the lighting, but I'm picking up a slightly green tinge to the flesh? Must be my imagination as I cannot believe it's really like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that maybe a bit colour hue on the photo... It was taken with my old camera... Hmm maybe time to pose ages new shots.

      Delete
  5. Those are some cracking cavalry.
    I'll come and say hello at the Stockton show.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all .. It's good to be back

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ha! For about two seconds I thought you'd actually painted something. Fair play to you though, these are very nice indeed...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Would love to see how you use the soldering iron on these little guys!

    ReplyDelete