Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Monday 3 August 2015

The return of some hobby time

I have finally managed to get some time in the man cave today. It certainly seems to have been an age. I have managed to stock up the lead pile though , and it should keep me busy over the autumn and winter alright.

Also I have sourced some more terrain items for the Sudan - some rather fine city walls 

Gordon Pasha leads the way..


All together a grand total of 8 feet of walls and towers. These were completed by Andrew over at The Colonial Steamboat Company. I shall be getting a few more bits as well.


I also have the first large terrain cloth cut to size ready for working on. That is if we manage to have a dry weekend so I can do it outside.

Anyway, short and sweet, but I am back around and will be catching up with things

19 comments:

  1. Great to have you back on deck mate. The walls are quite simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to hear that you are venturing back to the man cave, you've been missed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to have you back Dave - those walls and towers look great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,,, and I think it will have a few uses too

      Delete
  4. Love the fort, looks excellent!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 8 FEET OF CITY WALL?!

    That's brilliant! And totally mad! I so need a shed...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, that's what I call a City! You do know that you're going to have to....errrrr...actually fill all that space within the City walls? I have a feeling that you already have a plan to do that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah a welcome return! Eight feet of city/fort wall?After gunboats, I should have thought this was perfectly natural for gaming the Sudan. ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a nice wall for your miniatures to assault.
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looking very good Dave - Great Wall and gate. Reminds of the old photographs from Featherstones "Solo Wargaming" if you recall. Great looking shots and figures.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Any plans to take your Sudan game to the Stockton show on the 28th Nov? I know the game booking forms are being sent out, as Leon Pengilley announced it over on Facebook.
    This years too early for anything that I'd plan to do (probably acw naval), but maybe some year.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Very interesting (and really fine) walls. You are going to need a big garrison for it!

    ReplyDelete