Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Friday 16 May 2014

A few New projects.

I have pretty much cleared off the paint desk and the workroom has had a spring clean ready for some new projects.

So I been to the DIY store to pick materials to make the mine boards. The large parcel from Ainsty has been fully unpacked so I am ready to crack on. The aim is to get this done for taking to Scarborough at the end of June.








I have also prepared up the box of Teutonic Knights which will go off to the lads at Brigantes for completion.





I have some Gangsters out with Brigantes to be completed as well at the moment and have just orders a few top ups.

I could not resist these lads for some background entertainment in the new Speakeasy. So I ordered a set, and a few others from Bob Murch.





I also took the opportunity to get hold of a copy of Go Strong in the Desert by LT Col. Mike Snook , as it's currently on a reduced price offer on the Perry website.
The back half of the year will be spent doing the colonials for the Sudan.




Finally I am on again with the large AWI highland unit , which has been one of those not wanting to be painted kind!




I think that is enough to be getting on with!

No comments:

Post a Comment