Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Wednesday 4 July 2012

3 Amigo's

A few "Banditos" have turned up from across the Rio Grande looking for trouble. These are Black Scorpion figures - the metal versions which is nice as they are all resin now. I did a very rare thing (as in last time I did it was 20+ plus years ago) and actually bought them ready painted and based from e-bay. Pleased to say they matched the description and photo well - all I added was a tuft or two of grass and another coat of varnish and changed brown on the base to match my others..  I take no credit for them - they are very nicely done. They will make a nice addition to the collection - along with a few more I have to paint myself.




ok - ok enough of the cowboy stuff....

So a few tasters of the AWI - 71st Highlanders in glorious Old School shininess's. Rather pleased with the end result - the piper don't forget is a conversion from an ordinary private soldier carrying a musket.Just a couple done of these to get my eye in on them - just another 54 to finish.. can't wait to see the whole unit en masse 



More next time.

8 comments:

  1. I didn't realise they had changed their figures from metal to resin, I take it this is reflected in the price. These look good, hope you got yourself a bargain.
    The AWI figures are looking superb, modern style painting on old style figures.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pat - no saving against the metal - and the casting quality has been a bit variable with the resin in my experience - if i get nay more poor one i will be sending them back for exchange.

      Delete
  2. Some nice work Dave, I never realised Black Scorpion were now resin either??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah - only a few left in metal - boo...

      Delete
  3. Really like those bandits a good find!
    The highlanders are suitably shiny too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Willie - yes was pleased with getting them. Ah yes old school shiny - just the job for these lads

      Delete
  4. The Bandidos (or Amigos) are very nice, a good adition to your collection.

    Best regards.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You do shiny so well! Great work Dave.

    ReplyDelete