Picking up those brushes again.

Hi and welcome to the occasional mutterings of Dave Doc, a military modeller and some time gamer. Gaming and model making has given me a real education, History & Geography(obvious really), Artistry, Politics, Economics, Logistics, Project Management -you try building miniature armies without the last 3.

I will use the blog to record my creations & the odd occasion I actually do some gaming.

I have always been inspired by the aesthetic side of gaming. Playing on well constructed terrain using excellently painted units is always a joy.

Saturday 30 June 2012

Sudan Forts

Blimey - it's been nearly two weeks since a post - day job is crazy at the moment. But there has been lots of logistical and economic activity going on - along with working on the AWI unit (it is blocked up and work is on with the "fun" of the tartan".

I have been sourcing some more bits for the Sudan. I picked up some rather fine forts from Paul Darnell in York (Touching History) as he is wrapping up doing wargame model making and off to persue new artistic avenues. Certainly a loss to model making.

So here we have a couple of forts for use by the Mahdists forces in the larger campaign game





It's coming along..

4 comments:

  1. These are cute. Sudan becomes more tempting once more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes i find new bit to temp me all the time!

      Delete
  2. These forts are really nice. I have been thinking about the great British fort he has in his blog...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had hoped to get that one as well, but was just too late!

      Delete